RETURN TO CHURCH PLAN
UPDATE: 6/14/2021: We will be following current CDC and Pa. Dept. of Health Guidelines whereby those persons who are fully vaccinated* may enter First UCC-Quakertown without a face mask or face shield. Proof of vaccination is not required. Face coverings are still required for persons not fully vaccinated.
*People are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine.
A designated area of enhanced ventilation and increased social distancing is available in the front right corner of the Sanctuary for anyone who would feel more comfortable.
– – – – –
We’re excited for our return to sanctuary worship on Sunday, September 13. Our Return to Church Plan has been developed by guidance from the CDC and State health department guidelines, along with feedback from church council, our congregation, First Church and UCC leadership, and guidance from Dr. Mike Chmielewski.
Everyone’s health and safety is our top concern and we ask that you worship virtually and stay home if you are:
-experiencing any cold/flu/Covid symptoms
-uncomfortable returning to church at this time.
For everyone planning to attend in person, we’ve outlined what to expect below:
1. Wear your Mask. We ask that everyone please wear a mask while in the church building and during worship. If you forget your mask or don’t have one that day, a mask will be provided.
2. Socially Distanced Seating. Ushers will show worshipers to designated seats for the day’s service to ensure we can keep families together and provide space between pews.
3. Hand Sanitizer. Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the church and it’s a best practice to sanitize your hands upon entering and exiting the building.
4. Single-Use Bulletins. We will provide bulletins and we ask that you don’t share your bulletin with others. We’ll have stations to collect/recycle bulletins as you exit the sanctuary.
5. Ventilation Enhancements and Open Doors. We will adjust the ventilation in the sanctuary and plan to keep the Fourth Street doors open to maximize fresh air flow throughout the sanctuary. Doors will be held/propped open upon entering/exiting the building to minimize the need to touch surfaces.
We look forward to continuing to worship Christ together as a First Church Family and continue on our Journey of Loving God, Helping Others and Finding Joy!
(adopted September 8, 2020)